Your school can make a positive difference to pupils in Malawi
There are lots of education non-profits in Africa. We run pre-schools and support elementary and secondary education in rural Malawi. Many schools nominate a chosen non-profit to be the recipient of school-wide fundraising and support. We might be your chosen non-profit of the year, for a term or maybe a one-off fundraising exercise.
Ripple Africa would love to have the support of more schools. If your school would like to hear more about our work with the people of Malawi and learn about what it is like to live in a Malawian community, contact a member of the Ripple Africa team – we would love to tell you more!
Download our Fundraising Pack
Twin Your School Program
If you have ever wanted to make a positive difference in the lives of children in Africa, this is your opportunity to help! It is a chance for US students to learn about life for children in rural Malawian schools, while fundraising to help provide educational opportunities for these very students.
In Malawi, the government has very little money to spend on education. Subsequently, many schools are in ill repair and extremely overcrowded. Sadly, most have little to no money for basic resources such as books and other teaching materials.
Interested in learning how your class or school can help? Contact us to find out more!
What does Ripple Africa do in the education field?
- We have constructed and operate eight pre-schools, providing early childhood education for 900 students per day.
- We fund four trainee teachers at our local elementary schools.
- We build new classroom blocks at local elementary schools as needed and funding becomes available.
- We have built and provide ongoing support for a secondary school, including a girls’ dormitory and computer laboratory.
Download our Education Guide
How The Program Works
- We will send your students photographs and information about the Malawian schools and the students attending them.
- Your students will be invited to make fun and educational displays or flashcards for Malawian schools.
- You will be able to compare and contrast your school with Malawian Primary Schools.
- You will make a huge difference in helping to improve education in Malawi by raising funds in support of our Malawian schools.
- We will send you and your school a personalized painting or letter from the children you are helping after each fundraising activity.
- Teachers are welcome to volunteer in Malawi at one of their partner schools.
- Please note that we do not offer a penpal service.
This is a fun and educational exchange designed to educate both schools involved. A chance for your students to help Malawian students while learning about what life is like for them. Become part of Team Ripple and help make big things happen!